At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
As part of the Enterprise Tax practice, the Specialist will excel in servicing the planning and compliance needs of our clients. This position provides the opportunity to participate in a broad range of tax-related work requiring qualitative and quantitative analysis and assessment. Periodic special projects and research will challenge you and allow you to grow, develop, and thrive as a tax professional.
Although this position supports our Greater Vancouver Area
Tax practice, we are open to speaking with candidates from various locations across Canada as the successful candidate can work remotely
. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Research and analysis of a wide variety of tax issues, including assistance with structuring of domestic and international investments.
- Preparation of corporate, partnership, trust and personal tax returns.
- Preparation of draft technical memos to file, instruction letters to legal counsel and client reporting letter to be reviewed by senior staff members.
- Preparation of income tax models.
- Reviewing corporate and personal tax returns.
- Reviewing tax provisions for our larger audit and non-audit clients.
- Interacting with clients and other team members.
- Assisting senior staff members in all aspects of corporate tax initiatives.
Keys to your success:
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a public accounting firm.
- Successfully passed the CFE, and has obtained a CPA designation.
- Currently enrolled or willing to enroll in the In-Depth Tax program.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills.
- Strong time-management abilities and self-motivation.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Is keen to assist in the development and implementation of tax planning strategies for various clients.
- Willingly takes on and learns new skills by researching a wide variety of tax issues.
- Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients' business and maintain strong client relationships.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here .
LI- JS22 Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.