June 16, 2021
Want to make a difference? Join a fast paced, high energy, and dynamic team that is transforming mining for the future.
Find out more about RACE21™ on our website !
Reporting to the RACE21™ Manager, Value Delivery, the Specialist, Digital Analytics Deployment, Mining Autonomy is responsible for collaborating with our digital team to deliver advanced analytics and other digital solutions to operational teams across our company, generating measurable and sustainable value.
To be successful in this role we are looking for someone with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. Someone who is a motivated self starter, organized, and able to prioritize contending demands. You must also have an ability to learn sophisticated domains quickly, including advanced analytics, although ideally you will bring experience in these areas.
This is an exciting opportunity to help us become a leader in mining autonomy combined with advanced analytics. This is a dynamic role acting as the interface between RACE21™ digital teams and our operational end users. You will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies being used in this industry for the first time. Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Coordinateproduct owners, designers, developers, and data scientists to engage operational front-line users tocraftproductfeatures, ensuringsolutions will solve a valuable business problem
- Translate end userfeedback, during product development cycles, toensure products meet business objectives and will be adopted by end users
- Cultivate collaboration between operations and digital product teams to define how success will be measured, and track performance of the solution
- Coordinate a comprehensive approach to deployment, identify changes, and lead implementation to ensure adoption of solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Mine Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience in mining operations, ideally with specific focus on mining autonomy including autonomous haulage system and autonomous drill system
- Previous experience in data science, data engineering, software engineering, or deployment within the resource industry, and/or;
- Experience working on operational continuous improvement teams
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral developmentwith major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources. Job Segment:
Analytics, Data Analyst, Engineer, Product Development, Management, Data, Engineering, Research, Mining