Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it's your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime! Job Benefits
- Ski/Mountain Perks!Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and familyAND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttlesAND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- RSP Options (after 12 months or 2000 cumulative hours of service)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Housing: Available
- Outlet: Roundhouse Lodge Restaurant
- Merlin's Bar and Grill - Lively Après Bar
- Christine's - Celebrity Chef David Hawksworth inspired Alpine Fine Dining Restaurant
- Steeps - Alpine Fine Dining Restaurant
- Schedule & Shift Availability: Year Round / Full Time
- Salary role: The budgeted range starts at $52,000. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Service is the foundation of everything we stand for at Vail Resorts and our Kitchen Managers are no exception to this experience of a lifetime. Kitchen Managers are an integral part of the culinary staff responsible for managing the kitchen alongside the Chef, promoting teamwork amongst staff, and maintaining food quality and safety to ensure an exceptional dining experience for our guests. Job Responsibilities
- Assist in the leadership of the culinary team including onboarding, training, coaching, performance management, conducting employee reviews, development, and succession planning
- Act as supervisor in the absence of executive chef, including managing payroll and attendance
- Maintain standards for facility and food preparation, cleanliness, safety and sanitation in accordance with laws and regulations, to ensure a high-quality work environment and guest experience
- Assist with the development, implementation, production, and training of menu items, including creation of station playbooks
- Oversee and support staff and operations for warehouse, shipping and receiving; ensure maintenance of inventory, product rotations and monitoring reports for food waste
- Monitor kitchen and staff performance to goals and budget to maximize profitability
- Resolve guest issues or complaints and hold staff accountable for Guest Experience (GX) scores
- Administrative duties as needed, including ordering, inventory, scheduling, processing transfers and waste
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors or Culinary degree or certification preferred
- 3+ years of kitchen experience required, 1+ years of supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to stand and walk continuously
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced environment under pressure
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English; Spanish bilingual preferred
The budgeted range starts at$52,000 - $60,000 CAD. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 460847