We are currently seeking a Sous Chef to join Tavern on the Green and Hillside Events Ledgeview Golf Club in Abbotsford! The Sous Chef is responsible for all kitchen operations at their specific location in support of the Head Chef. They have the autonomy to make decisions that will positively impact the business in areas of guest satisfaction and food quality and is responsible for ensuring the profitability and cleanliness of the kitchen in alignment with the Head Chef. Further the Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Head Chef in staffing, training and development of all kitchen positions. Duties of a Sous Chef include:
- Ensuring all kitchen positions execute routines and complete daily, weekly and monthly checklists and log out reports.
- Supervising team of 5 or more
- Managing profit reporting and participation in monthly profit meetings.
- Assisting the Head Chef with all areas of kitchen recruitment and training, including interviewing, orientations, onboarding and continued training and development.
- Assisting the Head Chef with conducting monthly environment audits as per JRG and local health protection standards, including cooking line, prep areas, storage areas, prep halls, loading docks, exterior compounds, coolers and freezers.
- Assisting the HC with controlling food costs by reviewing portion control, minimizing waste and conducting weekly food inventory counts and variances are investigated.
- Tracking QSA's and provide follow up training and improvements.
- Managing kitchenware and disposables budgets.
- Assisting the Head Chef with managing kitchen staff schedule, overtime and labour targets.
- Monitoring sales trends and forecasts sales to ensure schedules are written to achieve sales and labour targets.
- Maintain high level food quality and presentation in accordance with organization's standard recipes and specifications.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Hours and shifts may vary
- Must be available evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Work is performed in a restaurant kitchen
- Previous experience in professional kitchen, holding roles such as Sous Chef, Chef de Partie, Cook, Kitchen Supervisor, Chef, Head Chef
- Food Safe Level 1
- First Aid Level 1 considered an asset
- Knowledge of Optimum considered an asset
- Staff discount at all JRG locations and discounted meals during shifts
- Competitive pay
- Opportunity to participate in the Company's Extended Health Benefits Plan after 6 months of employment
- Access to ongoing training and development through Joseph Richard University (JRU)
- Opportunity for advancement throughout all JRG establishments and divisions
- Opportunity to participate in the JRG Join Us Employee Referral Program