Terms of employment: Full time, permanent
Job location: 510 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, V6B 0M3
Salary: $112,400-$187,700 /yr commensurable with experience.
Language requirement: English
Are you interested in joining a highly technical team that invests in your success by providing a comprehensive learning program? The Amazon Web Services (AWS) enterprise solutions architecture (SA) team provides an education program that includes self-paced learning, instructor-led training, hands-on projects, job shadowing opportunities, and a peer-reviewed opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge.
As an Enterprise Solutions Architect, you will partner with customers, AWS Sales and several other AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services. In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers. As a trusted customer advocate, the solutions architect will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS within enterprise customers. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, AWS Sales and other AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services.
• Drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers.
• Help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud.
• Shape and execute strategies to build mindshare and broad use of AWS within enterprise customers.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• 6 years of experience in the job offered or related occupation.
• 3 years of experience designing, implementing, and consulting with large scale, distributed applications
• 1 year of experience architecting, provisioning, and deploying applications to public cloud environments or on-premises virtualized environments using C++, Perl, Python, Java, Ruby, Node.js or equivalent object-oriented programming language
• 1 year of experience with database architecture, performance tuning, big data processing, mobile app development, or Big Data/Hadoop.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
All applicants must meet all qualifications listed above.
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. This position is eligible for further pay increases and bonuses at the company's discretion. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units.
While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include: • Health Care • Savings Plans • Income Protection • Paid Time Off • Signing Bonuses • Employee Stock
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation