Solidworks Mechanical Designer: Harvey 2440
As a growing company, we have an opening in our Abbotsford, BC office, for an experienced full-time Solidworks Mechanical Designer to help support our Engineering group.
This engineering role will work with our CAD and business systems to assist in the execution of design projects for a variety of customers across North America and internationally.
The successful candidate will report directly to the General Manager and receive direction from the Project Manager and Technical Sales Manager.
This is a great opportunity to make a difference with a positive team in an innovative environment.
- Create, modify, and review 3D models and 2D drawings of engineering designs
- Maintain workflow in SolidWorks PDM
- Provide technical descriptions and figures for patent applications
- Enter Bills of Materials into business systems
- Compile spare parts lists, as well as operations and maintenance manuals
- Update progress against project schedules
- Document Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and lessons learned
- Ensure compliance with panel board industry customer requirements and standards
- Travel to site to measure up existing components and systems.
- Mechanical design preferred forest and building products (lumber, plywood, gypsum)
- Structural design of weldments and bolted structures
- Drawing checking per industry drafting standards
- Strong verbal and written communication
- CAD: SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- SolidWorks PDM Administration preferred
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP) inventory system
- Applied Science Technologist (AScT) registered in British Columbia preferred
- 10 years plus of experience in a Mechanical Design role
- Our company has been serving the panel board manufacturing industry for over 40 years.
- We are the primary dryer parts supplier and dryer rebuilder in North America.
- We supply new longitudinal dryers and jet dryer systems as well as offer consulting and engineering services, focusing on machinery used for plywood and gypsum production.
- We have been involved in hundreds of dryer modifications and has engineered the rebuilding of almost every different style and brand of wood veneer dryer existing today.
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depending on current experience
Full Benefits package after 3 months
Manufacturing and Production