Solidworks & AutoCAD Metal Manufacturing Detailer: Harvey 2319
- We are a steel and custom metal manufacturing company, who specialises in Mechanical and Structural fabrication of parts, and equipments for the industrial industries.
- We are currently looking for an experienced Metal Manufacturing Detailer, who specializes in designing Mechanical and Structural Industrial parts and components, in Solidworks, and AutoCAD.
- We are looking for a designer who can produce custom metal designs, for manufacturing, and produce the detailing of parts, to be manufactured, for industrial projects like mining, pulp and paper, oil and gas, equipment, tanks, machinery, and material handling.
- We use the most current versions of AUTOCAD and SOLIDWORKS producing detailed shop drawings, for shop fabrication.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
- Working from our customers’ construction drawings, have the ability to generate both detailed shop and fabrication drawings, and some field erection drawings if required.
- As a detailer you are expected to work as a member of our team.
- The detailer works alongside the Project Manager, and Management as he is required.
- Review and interpret structural and mechanical plans from contractors, and clients
- Provide detailed shop manufacturing drawings of parts and equipment that is specified on drawings
- Use Solidworks & AutoCAD to develop layout, drawings, and designs that meet project expectations and specifications.
- Consult with the Project Management team as to the ‘constructability’ of the items
- Proper file maintenance on all assigned projects
- Occasional site visits for field measurements
- 5 years plus of current working experience in a detailing role.
- 5 years of experience detailing mechanical and structural metals.
- Proficiency in Solidworks & AutoCAD software is required.
- High level of knowledge of industry standard detailing practices
- Successful completion of steel detailing training; or current design working experience
JOB SPECIFIC COMPENTENCIES:
- Attention to detail, and continually assess work performance, to ensure accurate and complete output.
- Keep current with specifications, industry changes and software modifications that are related to steel fabrication and their delivery.
- Acknowledges and corrects mistakes.
ORGANIZATION AND COMMUNICATION:
- Efficiently uses time and completes tasks, on time through good planning and organizing of work and resources.
- Uses initiative to develop plans, and keeps others informed of the progress.
JUDGMENT / PROBLEM SOLVING:
- Asks questions to inform decision making and problem solving.
- Able to develop alternative courses of action using common sense, facts and considering impacts, on resources, time and costs.
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depending on experience
Benefits package available after 3 months
Note: Applications will be sent to email@example.com.
Manufacturing and Production