Are you keen to have large scale impact in the work that you do? Are you eager to learn and develop your career in software and systems engineering? Do you want to work with experienced engineers who are delivering leading-edge technical solutions?
If you do, we would be thrilled to have the opportunity to discuss why you should consider MDA to launch your career or bring your past experiences to a new level and impact.Project Description:
Are you a Java / JEE enthusiast? Are you interested in developing next-generation systems using Agile software methodology and current software development tooling? Come and show us that you can be a strong contributor to MDA's Land Administration team!
The Land Administration team builds large solutions for the land administration domain, such as for the management and provision of land and property ownership information. Our customers are worldwide, but include a strong presence in BC. The systems being developed have a client/server architecture and will be used by both back-office staff and directly by customers via a customer web portal.
Our systems are high-availability production systems with large-scale client/server architectures. Usability, reliability, performance and client productivity are key.
Our development methodology is based on the 'Agile' approach. We're using the latest Java technologies(especially open source) and frameworks including: Spring, Hibernate, Bootstrap, Angular, Eclipse RCP, XML, Spring-MVC, and both ReST and SOAP based Web Services.Position Description:
We are looking for capable, experienced and driven Software Test Lead Engineers to join our team to help build very large, intricate systems that have significant impact on land administration operations worldwide. This exciting opportunity will allow you to demonstrate and develop your team leadership capabilities and assume significant leadership of engineering test teams.
Successful candidates will have: a commitment to achievement, a passion for quality, an inquisitive mind that loves solving hard problems, and a strong ability to engage and lead project-based teams.
As a Software Test Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for verifying and validating (V&V) MDA's solutions that drive significant value for our customers. Test Engineer Responsibilities
- Responsible for preparation, review, delivery, and obtaining customer approval of Release Acceptance Test Plans.
- Reviews unit software test plans; witnesses sell-off of unit software.
- Plans, manages, and leads the execution of the formal Factory Release Testing Process activities. Plans and coordinates formal Factory Release Test events with both internal staff and external clients. Organizes and chairs the Factory TRR and TRB meetings.
- Supports the formal Site Acceptance test execution and issue resolution in close in coordination with the Customer Test Lead. Organizes and chairs the Site TRR and TRB meetings.
- Schedules and estimates effort for Release Test activities to assure that key project objectives are met and that execution is feasible with budget, schedule and staffing realities.
- Maintains high quality standards for solutions by extensively reviewing team deliverables including test designs, cases, data sets and execution environments.
- Proactively plan your work, estimate effort, resolve challenging problems and drive your work to completion while maintaining clear lines of communication with project leadership.
- Generates and manages test data sets and test environments used for formal system testing.
- Assists in troubleshooting problems in a software production environment.
- Leverages the existing Automated Testing framework and other industry standard tools and practices to enhance continuous system test coverage and coverage frequency.
- Identifies and drives improvements to test processes, test plans and leverage technological advances in line with the long-term goals of the Land Administration business.
- Controls (plan, schedule, budget, assign staff, execute, track) release test plans while assuring conformance to test processes and corporate quality standards.
- Be an active voice on the project to convey team objectives, plans and expectations to all members of the team, internal and external.
- Works closely with Project Management, provide regular team status reports, proactively identify problems with appropriate timelines and priorities.
- Supports Project Management with internal and external meetings and reviews including preparing and delivering presentations.
- Manages metrics collection and project technical risks while catalyzing appropriate corrective actions in consultation with project leadership.
- Actively identifies and resolves technical and organizational dependencies across multiple teams.
- Organizes and leads formal test events with both internal engineers and external customers.
- Establishes and maintains effective lines of communication and close working relationships with senior engineers, project leadership, customer test team and members of your team at all times.
- Mentors junior engineers throughout the test phase of the project to help them grow the knowledge and skill sets required for them to be successful in the Land Administration test program.
- Actively motivates the project team and provides mentorship for growing engineers within Land Administration and MDA.
- Provides assessments of engineer performance and enable the career growth of team members.
Candidate Profile General and personal requirements
Technical requirements - some combination of
- A University degree or diploma from an accredited institution in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other relevant discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in large complex software engineering projects (ideally using Java technologies).
- Familiar and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a development methodology based on the 'Agile' approach.
- Experience in establishing project plans including budgets, schedules and team organizations.
- Ability to keep the big picture in mind while maintaining a commitment to successful completion within project budget and schedule constraints.
- Capable of managing scope and dynamically prioritizing many competing, complex and inter-related activities and stakeholders.
- Able to make technical decisions in consultation and maintain close working relationships with all stakeholders (including customers) throughout a project's lifecycle.
- Excellent ability to communicate complex ideas through verbal English, technical writing and presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Possess exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills, persuasive yet diplomatic, excellent negotiation skills suited to dealing with different stakeholders.
- Capable of building, leading and motivating teams in complex engineering environments with schedule constraints.
- A keen interest in continuous learning about the Land Administration industry and the technologies and trends that drive it.
- Expertise in software testing best practices, V&V methodologies, coding standards, build processes, DM/CM and revision control systems.
- Expertise in project planning and scheduling tools, resource management tools and work management tracking systems.
- Proficiency in a Windows environment and ability to set up test and work in test environments.
- Familiarity with leading GIS technologies.
- Experience in programming languages including Java, and Python is desirable.
- Experience using industry standard development and test tools.
- Experience with automated testing tools such as Selenium.
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the Reliability level.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Using the latest technology to change the world. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.