We are looking for a Support Analyst to join our dynamic team of smart, positive, and passionate people who are appreciated for their unique talents and empowered to do their jobs well. We are looking for individuals with proven experience in client service, troubleshooting, and analytics to help us support our Utility Customers on the SmartWorks product they own. As part of the team you will be troubleshooting and designing new solutions for customers while continuously increasing high customer satisfaction. We highly value team members who are able to communicate clearly and concisely, and who work to build a positive and enjoyable workplace.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada and the US working in PST time zone. This job is posted as British Columbia but would consider other US or Canadian locations if willing to work in PST time zone.
What your responsibilities will be:
What we are looking for:
- Provide timely and thorough resolution to customer issues within SLA
- Monitor the support ticket queue and take ownership or re-assign new tickets
- Interact with a range of internal departments (Infrastructure, Development, Professional Services, Sales, etc.) for ticket escalation
- Assist in the problem solving of data, architecture, and interface issues
- Respond quickly to customer calls and provide frequent updates so customers know their problems are being addressed via phone and email ticketing system
- Develop a deep understanding of the functional and technical features of our applications and use this knowledge to address application related issues and questions
- Provide recommendations to customers and Product Management to prevent recurrence of the issue
- Understand the support services agreement to know when requested services are outside the support agreement terms
- Provide suggestions on enhancements to the product or process
- Document and share knowledge through Knowledge Base, Internal Articles, and Knowledge Exchange Training sessions
- Availability from 8AM-8PM Eastern time zones Monday to Friday, with some flexibility to be discussed, preferably in the PST or MST time zone.
- University degree or technical college degree in computer sciences, software engineering, software development or related field
- Familiarity and experience in a Support Services environment with evolving change management processes
- Excellent client communication skills with the ability to manage and shape customer expectations
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously with knowing how to manage time and priorities effectively
- SQL experience in at least one of these database is required (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, MySQL, or other RDBMS)
- Must be comfortable working in Red Hat Linux operating systems primarily with some work in Microsoft Windows
- Software knowledge in at least one ofJAVA, JSP, jQuery is preferred. You will not be coding but understanding of code is preferred
- Knowledge and troubleshooting of Apache Tomcat is required
What would make you stand out:
- Energetic self-starter with a positive outlook on the world. You find a true sense of accomplishment and pride in helping people. There are no issues, only challenges and opportunities to raise the customer service bar.
- Positive attitude for a fast-paced environment
- Travel, when appropriately safe to do so, is required for departmental events about 2 times per year
What we offer:
- Utility industry experience, especially with respect to Smart Grid applications is preferred.
- Oracle or PostgreSQL database configuration and administration is nice to have.
- A fun and collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to learn and grow
- A casual and remote work environment or your option to work in an awesome office dependent on your location
- 3 weeks' vacation and 5 personal days
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage from your first day of employment
- Competitive salary, employee stock ownership options, and RRSP/401K matching programs
- Lifestyle Rewards
- Community Involvement and Social Responsibility
SmartWorks empowers utilities to navigate change and unleash the potential of the smart infrastructure. At SmartWorks we are committed to delighting our customers and we do that by ensuring our customers receive maximum enduring value from their investment in our solutions. SmartWorks' MeterSense Meter Data Management (MDM) and SmartWorks Compass Data Analytics software solutions are essential components to enable the smart grid by intelligently processing and analyzing the extreme quantities of data produced from Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI).