MDA is a world leading provider of earth observation satellite ground systems focused on the acquisition, processing, archiving, and discovery of huge volumes of space-based imagery. Working in multidisciplinary and multi-level teams in an ever changing world, we deliver leading-edge technical, operational, and commercial solutions to commercial and government customers around the globe. Our mission critical systems provide the Earth Observation infrastructure that drives operational success and enables our customers to effectively utilize their space-based imagery. Building on 40 years of success in satellite earth observation leadership, we are seeking staff to define and deliver the next generation of large, complex earth observation satellite ground systems. Become part of the team bringing imagery from the next generation of satellite constellations to the screens of the world. Position Description:
We are looking for a dynamic leader to define and supervise the implementation of all software security aspects of our product offerings. You will become one of the senior members of the team developing our next generation satellite ground station. You must have a strong background in designing and implementing secure enterprise-level software solutions. Previous satellite earth observation experience is not required. Primary ActivitiesYour position will involve:
Candidate Profile Requirements (experience/skills):
- Developing a software security architecture to be used in an extant satellite ground system,
- Ensuring that the security architecture addresses secure communications, access control, authentication, audit, as well as other applicable security controls,
- Working with the engineering team in defining an overall approach to realizing security requirements within the software design,
- Developing an overall software development strategy, including identification and application of industry and government best practices,
- Identifying the technologies and implementation approaches to be implemented
- Applying secure software development approaches within the full software engineering lifecycle,
- Supporting the Ground Station design team in ensuring that security objectives are met within the context of the overall design solution,
- Ensuring that all required documentation is developed to properly define, develop and support the security solution, and
- Presenting our security solution to customers.
- University degree or technical diploma from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Engineering (Electrical, Computer), or a combination of related education and experience,
- 10+ years of experience developing and deploying secure, enterprise-level service-oriented software architectures,
- Active professional security certifications (e.g., CISSP or other similar industry qualification)
- Proven leader, comfortable with blazing a new trail,
- Knowledge of software project lifecycle and software engineering
- Experience with robust, operationally sound production environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in developing and deploying security software in operational environments
- Experience in the following is mandatory:
- Working with security standards/guidelines e.g. OWASP, ITSG-33/NIST 800-53, etc.
- Implementing authentication and encryption standards,
- Deploying SSO solutions,
- Security software development practices,
- Developing secure web applications,
- Source code scanning tools,
- Developing/deploying network security solutions
- Developing/deploying distributed security solutions
- Experience in the following is desired:
- Hardening operating systems,
- Docker security,
- Remote sensing (SAR or Optical).
Positions are based in Richmond, BC and may include travel.
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the Reliability level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program.
MDA is a well-established BC company with a long track record of steady growth and profit, and poised for further growth. MDA offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including a flex-time plan that can be paid-out, combined with variety, challenge and scope to develop your career in this fast moving international organization. Come and join us in Richmond where you will find our product development team and international company headquarters in a convenient location with free parking.