DESCRIPTION Amazon's Container Service for Kubernetes (EKS) is seeking out a Software Engineering Leader to own a key software development team responsible for developing the next generation of the core infrastructure for Amazon EKS. EKS is responsible for core set of services that allow our customers to use Kubernetes at scale without the undifferentiated heavy lifting required to manage Kubernetes.
We are hiring for an Engineering Leader to head up a team that will own tooling that is built on top of EKS APIs, including console and command line tooling. You would own staffing and scaling a critical engineering team. You would own; product development, team culture, best practices, planning and status-updates to the leadership. The successful candidate will be able to deal with ambiguity and will need to think big!
An ideal candidate will be passionate about the potential of cloud computing, user experience, and about building simple and elegant software solutions and customer-centric products. This leader has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly. The candidate is a leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong team. AWS in general, and this business in particular, operates at very large scale and on critical workloads, so a passion and discipline around operational excellence is key. A high level of ownership and accountability is a must.
For more information on Amazon's Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes, please visit https://aws.amazon.com/eks/
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• 7+ years' experience in system software development and delivery
• 4+ years' experience building, leading, managing and mentoring high-performance engineering teams
• Experience with object-oriented design and implementation (Java, and/or C++), preferably on Linux
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • MS in Computer Science or related field
• Technically sound in software development activities and life cycles
• Experience managing teams with user experience charter.
• Experience with large scale distributed systems
• Expertise in Kubernetes and hands-on experience operating Kubernetes
• Solid knowledge of Linux fundamentals
• Internet and operating system security fundamentals
• Experience with CNCF ecosystem of various container tools
Software and Programming