Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role:
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment, and video is at the very core of that vision, supporting it as the largest live streaming platform with more than 75% of live video traffic globally. Twitch's Video Client Engineering team is looking for experienced Android engineers to help build a cross-platform video playback and broadcasting solution that will be used by hundreds of millions of viewers and millions of content creators globally across entertainment, education, health, fitness and e-commerce products.
If you are passionate about media, streaming, networking and mobile technologies, and want to help shape the future of live interactive video experience this position is for you. You will work with experienced video veterans in building a critical component of the largest live video streaming platform in the world. Along the way, you'll gain in-depth knowledge of our highly available and scalable end-to-end live video infrastructure.
• Develop our video playback experience on Android mobile and Android TV.
• Work with the rest of the Product Engineering team to design APIs that support multiple different platforms effectively.
• Collaborate with and provide feedback to backend teams responsible for the APIs and other services supporting video playback.
• Keep abreast of current technologies and recent developments in mobile and media technologies.
• Participate in the decision making process.
• Challenge conventional solutions and wisdom.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 8+ years of professional software development or equivalent expertise.
• Development experience on Android.
• Experience with audio/video or graphics on Android.
• Strong background in C/C++
• Experience with multithreaded programming, object oriented design and real time considerations.
• Good communication skills, and able to clearly articulate complex problems and solutions.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Familiarity with video streaming technologies (HLS, DASH) or codecs such as H.264
• Experience with GPU or chipset hardware acceleration on Android with technologies such as MediaCodec, OpenMax or OpenGL is a big plus.
• Experience of working with NDK layer
• Experience with ExoPlayer.
• Experience with WebRTC.
• Experience building cross-platform libraries/SDKs and shipping successful software products.
• Experience with network protocols
• Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
• Maternity & Parental Leave
• Flexible PTO
• Amazon Employee Discount
• Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Software and Programming