Requisition ID: 114641
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
At Scotia Digital, we design and build digital capabilities to promote the financial wellbeing of our customers. Reinventing customer experience starts here - and it starts with you.
As a Software Engineer with Scotia Digital Platforms, you will have an opportunity to be part of a group of people changing how the Bank develops applications, consumes services, and manages our IT infrastructure. We are looking to build our Product Engineering teams with influencers, practitioners, and leaders who will drive us forward and enhance the experience of our customers Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
Where could you work? Both at home and in the office.
- Primarily focused on design and development of Microservices and reusable components by utilizing and extending Spring Boot framework.
- Participating in daily design discussions focused on scalability and design and implementation best practices
- Designingtechnical solutions and strategies for software applications and building detail technical design, deployment & implementation patterns
- Assess and analyze business strategy & requirements, working on breaking-down, scoping and estimating tasks.
- Our team is a high performing, flexible and fast - you will be asked to provide peer reviews, leadership, mentorship and quality control on a daily basis.
We're working towards a future that is digital by default and creating a local Hub in Vancouver.
This hybrid role offers the opportunity both to work remotely and head to the Hub to collaborate in person, co-creating a cohesive and inclusive culture with your Vancouver team. Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Advance level proficiency in Microservices development using Spring Boot and Spring Core framework and other Spring projects and advance Java, JUnit and other Unit/Integration testing frameworks
- Advance level proficiency in designing and building applications using 12-factor Cloud native and Microservices Architecture
- Advance level proficiency and several years of experience in developing enterprise applications using core Spring framework and Java Design Patterns and strong knowledge and experience with advanced skill including OAuth, Spring Security, SAML, SOAP, Reactive, Messaging and Eventsolutions such as Kafka, Pub/Sub.
- Proficient in using GIT for source code repository and Maven / Gradle for build.
- Proficient in IDE tools such as Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA or VSCode
- Proficient in Cloud-native Containerized Architecture and have years of experience in deploying applications to containerized cloud platforms such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and Kubernetes and Istio Service Mesh
- Experience using Jenkins for building CI/CD pipelines and using SonarQube, Fortify, Web Inspect an dBack Duck for Code Quality
What's in it for you?
- Knowledge of Azure, GCP, Docker, Splunk, Dynatrace is an asset
- Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in designing and developing using the advance features of Spring Boot and Spring projects, and Java
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment using Agile methodologies for developing software
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Technology, Finance, Engineering