Do you enjoy solving real-world problems with emerging technologies? Do you have a solid combination of theoretical (computational complexity, statistics and stochastic systems) and practical (web services, modern development frameworks) computer science skills? Are you driven to help customers solve their problems and take advantage of new opportunities. If you share our passion for the challenges of big scale, building cutting edge technologies, developing distributed applications that are easy to use and reliable, and forging the path on how serverless development is done in the cloud, then we may just have a role for you.
How do you know if you are a good fit for our team? You look at really hard problems as an exciting challenge, not a daunting task. You think about all the ways something could go wrong in solving these problems and see around the corners. Since the team shares your passion for building cool stuff, you will collaborate with your teammates closely and share data-driven perspectives you bring to all the problems we face. When our customers ask for the next big feature, you get jazzed because you know this means you'll be able to truly dig into the solution and get it done right.
We are looking for a software engineer to drive feature development for a new AWS service. You will help refine roadmaps and technical direction, and follow through with detailed architecture, design, and superior code. You will also drive operational excellence of a large scale distributed system.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we Work Hard, Have Fun, and Make History. You'll be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about serving customers, and excited to come to work.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years professional experience in software development
• Proficiency in Java and Python or other OOP languages such as C#, Ruby, or C++
• Experience in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, and problem solving
• Experience designing and building sophisticated fault-tolerant distributed systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, sense of ownership, urgency and drivePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MS or PhD in Computer Science.
• Experience developing on AWS
Software and Programming