Are you a Java / JEE enthusiast? Are you interested in developing next-generation systems using Agile software methodology and current software development tooling? Come and show us that you can be a strong contributor to MDA's Land Administration team!
The Land Administration team builds large solutions for the land administration domain, such as for the management and provision of land and property ownership information. Our customers are worldwide, but include a strong presence in BC. The systems being developed have a client/server architecture and will be used by both back-office staff and directly by customers via a customer web portal.
Our systems are high-availability production systems with large-scale client/server architectures. Usability, reliability, performance and client productivity are key.
Our development methodology is based on the 'Agile' approach. We're using the latest Java technologies (especially open source) and frameworks including: Spring, Hibernate, Bootstrap, Angular, Eclipse RCP, XML, Spring-MVC, and both ReST and SOAP based Web Services.Position Description:
We are looking for highly motivated and capable senior software engineers this is your opportunity to join a team where you can increase your knowledge and experience in a variety of areas. You will work in a structured process project-based environment using Agile development methodologies.Primary Activities
As a full stack senior software engineer, you shall participate in the full development life-cycle, including planning work, providing development estimates and following through with architecture, implementation and deployment. Your talents will be recognized and rewarded with opportunities for career and personal growth in an organization dedicated to success in a team environment. This shall include:
- Creating solutions that are attractive to customers, technically competitive, cost-effective, supportable and maintainable
- Working from requirements and mock-ups to develop or modify very complex software applications
- Design, code, test, debug and document high quality web applications
- Participating in integration, testing and deployment of applications
- Assisting in troubleshooting problems in the production environments
- Identify and incorporate new technology in line with long-term goals
- Following established development process and corporate technical quality standards
- Contribute to the continual improvement of our development processes
Taking pride and ownership in every line of code you write.Candidate Profile
Successful candidates will have some combination of the following capabilities, experience and skills:
- A University Degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other relevant discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years of experience in software development
- Development experience in a web environment using Java and creating production strength software that has been used by hundreds or thousands of users
- Experience with modern Java design patterns and the JEE framework
- Experience with database design, development and implementation (SQL Server, Oracle or DB2)
- Experience with integrating different software technologies into large software systems
- Proven ability to develop technical solutions within budget and schedule constraints
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a large organization and understand dependencies and stakeholder needs
- Strong team player with the desire and ability to work well within a dynamic agile team environment
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the Reliability level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted: February 22, 2017
Closes:April 2, 2017