In 2004, Teradici set out to create the best virtual desktop and workstation experience in the world, and along the way we've enabled the most demanding use cases with requirements like top secret security, complex IT infrastructures, and intensive graphics performance. Our PCoIP technology fundamentally simplifies how computing is provisioned, managed and used.
With over 15 million endpoints deployed around the globe, we're no startup. Top government agencies, media conglomerates, production studios, financial firms, and design houses trust Teradici to support their need for secure, high-performance virtual desktops and workstations delivered from private data centers, public clouds, or any combination of both. Overview:
We are looking for a talented, creative and team orientated Software Developer to participate in the design, development of test software, and testing of our PCoIP Cloud Access Software, which is used by many of the big names in the Media & Entertainment
industry, offering a secure, full-fidelity user experience - delivering the ultimate in remote access performance. Our Cloud Access Software product spans Linux, and Windows including kernel drivers and application software. In addition, the client product suite includes macOS, iOS and Android clients. As a Software Developer in Test, you are integrated with the development team in building a quality product and designing automated tests to ensure product quality throughout the development lifecycle.
To be a successful candidate, applicants must:
- Demonstrate passion for learning, testing, automation and quality
- Exhibit curiosity and excellent attention to detail
- Be a strong team player, who is not afraid to speak up, ask questions and be heard
- Work as part of a Scrum team on the development and testing efforts of PCoIP endpoints, network infrastructure, or endpoint management solutions.
- Develop software for testing new product features and functionality.
- Design, develop, and architect automated test software.
- Make automated test software more effective and efficient by:
- Intelligently prioritizing what to automate,
- Writing well-documented, reliable, shared, reusable and maintainable code,
- Designing, developing, administering and maintaining test infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and isolate issues, file bug reports, and validate bug fixes.
- Contribute to the appropriate test coverage in releases through the execution of test cases in a Manual and Automated manner.
- Use DevOps techniques to maintaining complex test and development environments including Windows and Mac servers as well as Desktop Virtualization infrastructure.
- Drive to improve - whether it relates to a process, a tool, infrastructure, or general team knowledge - look to assist in making the impossible possible.
- Minimum 2 year-degree or diploma in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Testing core (non GUI) Windows, Mac, or Linux, applications
- Testing C++ SDKs or drivers
- Using performance, stress and load testing
- Using Unit, Acceptance testing techniques as well as TDD, BDD and OOP
- Strong technical and testing skills including:
- Design and programming or scripting skills, including 4+ years of experience programming with at least 2 of the following: Python, Ruby, C++, C#
- Experience in test planning, design, and prioritization experience with multi-tiered software/hardware applications
- Strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and to set your own tasks as part of an agile team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to collaborate with developers, product owners and other product team members
- Experience in context-based, exploratory, scenario and risk based testing techniques
- Please advise in your application whether you are eligible to work in Canada
- Experience testing GUI-based applications
- Experience developing protocol based automated tests
- Windows system administration and virtualization experience
- DevOps experience setting up and maintaining build environments using Chef, Ansible, or Puppet
- Working with and managing Virtual Infrastructure
- Secure products. You understand the importance of a secure SDLC and that this is not an afterthought once all the features are developed.
- Automate everything. You actively automate many manual tasks as possible so that these tasks can be repeated many times and allow us to scale.
- Self-managed teams. You hold yourself accountable for the full end-to-end lifecycle of what you are working on, from ensuring you are building something that will deliver customer value to getting it into customers' hands.
- Customer collaboration. You want feedback from customers to ensure your work is providing value and to enable you to iterate on that work.
- Tech-debt reduction. Software can live longer that you expect; therefore, you need to ensure it stays healthy and manage your technical debt accordingly.
- Collective ownership. You value contribution, wherever it comes from, and believe in peer review, continuous integration, test coverage and customer validation.
- We offer a competitive base salary and Employee Bonus Plan (company performance based). Our health benefits and retirement savings contributions start right away - no waiting period! We also offer three weeks of vacation for the first year (accrued and increased annually, up to 20 days per year)
- We develop and nurture our employees to be their best and bring their authentic selves to every team interaction. We strive for a dynamic team environment that is transparent and allows everyone to contribute and be heard.
- The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. As a result of COVID-19, we have implemented a Work From Home initiative for all employees and we encourage our teams to stay connected virtually during this time.
- Once our office is open again, we are excited to offer:
- Monthly social events & activities
- Luxury shuttle service to and from the nearest SkyTrain station
- Underground and secured bike "cage"
- Fully equipped onsite gym, Basketball, "Beach" Volleyball court and weekly yoga classes
- Teradici supports remote work flexibility using our own Cloud Access Software!
Software and Programming Information Technology