160369 Position Title:
Sr Software Engineer I External Description: What does the Frostbite team do?
We develop the Frostbite engine, EA's state of the art game development platform, which powers games such as FIFA, Battlefield V and Star Wars Battlefront II.Frostbite uses its proprietary technical advantages to empower game creators to shape games and push the boundaries of what they can achieve. Why join the Frostbite team?
As a member of the Frostbite team you will work with people that are passionate about developing tools and runtime technologies, which empower our community of award-winning content creators to build the very best games in the industry. You will work with game studios throughout EA to tackle challenges across a broad range of genres and the results of your work will have an impact on the final quality of games enjoyed by millions of players.You will focus on Audio and Movie with the opportunity to affect other content creation workflows over time. Key Responsibilities
Required Skills and Experience
- Develop content workflows, pipelines and game features
- Design and implement code
- Engage and support our accomplished community of content creators
- Work with a tight-knit team of experienced professionals
- Provide feedback and guidance to help the team members perform to a high standard
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- High level of proficiency in C++ with 5 years experience
- Expert knowledge in writing memory efficient, multithreaded code
- Working knowledge of C#
- Experience using industry-recognized practices like unit testing, dependency injection, and Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Experience working in a cohesive team environment
Would you like to know more?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Professional desktop application development experience
- Knowledge of WPF, familiarity with concepts related to tool development, such as the MVVM pattern and S.O.L.I.D principles
- Familiarity with movie containers (e.g. MP4, WebM), codecs (e.g VP9, H.264) and technologies related to movie playback
- Professional or recreational experience with audio or movie tool development
- Game industry experience, either with a central technology team or with a game studio
- Experience mentoring other engineers
- The benefits and perks of working for EA
- How the Frostbite engine is shaping the future of gaming
- More job openings for the Frostbite team
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages . Since we realize it takes excellent people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
#LI-CE1City: State: Community / Marketing Title:
Software Engineer, Frostbite, Audio and Movie Company Profile:
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.EEOText:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. Date Opened:
2020-03-18 18:14:03.797 EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Software and Programming