Software Engineer (C# / .NET)
Vancouver, BC, Canada – Full Time
Why Work for Us?
At Rycor we have a commitment to an exceptional and collaborative company culture. You will work
alongside an amazing group of friendly and talented people who will help and encourage you to grow in all
facets of software development.
Rycor is one of the fastest growing software companies in the K-12 education industry, developing technology
solutions for schools and districts across North America. Being centrally located in Vancouver, BC, in the
beautiful South Granville area puts us close to many shops, restaurants, and is easy accessibility by public
transit. There is a bright and open office space with two private patios where you will find us grilling all year
long! Employees enjoy coffee, snacks, a casual dress code, and team-building events.
What Would You Do?
Help schools and parents in a meaningful way by using your talent as a developer to create real world
solutions for their needs. We are looking for a strong C# / .NET Developer to join our product development team
responsible for designing then developing new products, as well as improving our current suite of desktop, web,
and mobile applications. Some of the technologies we work with are ASP.NET Core / React / Redux, WPF using
the MVVM pattern, SOAP / REST based services, and MS-SQL.
Our intelligent software manages student fees, bills parents, collect payments, synchronizes and transforms
data from many different sources, and includes reporting and visualization features. Contribute to project
requirements, system architecture, and brainstorm product ideas. Then, build and execute on these as part of a
Scrum team using a high-end computer and large screens!
Your Preferred Profile:
• 1-2 years of practical experience developing .NET software using C# and Visual Studio
• Diploma/Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Good knowledge of object oriented principals and patterns
• Comfortable working with databases, stored procedures and complex SQL syntax
• Genuinely excited to build software! Coding is fun!
Bonus Points! Highlight these if you:
• Have experience with modern web frameworks and understand web fundamentals
• Understand Agile fundamentals and have worked on a Scrum team
• Know accounting concepts or have experience in the financial industry
Connect with employer:
At Rycor we have a commitment to an exceptional and collaborative company culture. You will work alongside an amazing group of friendly and talented people who will help and encourage you to grow i...