Company: Finning International Inc.Posting End Date: Number of Opening:
Reporting to the Solutions Delivery Lead, the Systems Developer role is responsible for delivering improved business functionality and efficiency through the delivery of custom built solutions. This role leverages existing experience in the field to create a high quality and high value system which interacts with both in place legacy systems and newer cloud based systems. They work closely with multiple teams to refine business requirements for new functionality as well as debugging and resolving customer reported issues in a timely fashion.
As one of the most skilled members of the team, a Systems Developer III (Senior Systems Developer) is expected to provide guidance and mentorship to less experienced members of the team. Job Description: Major Job Functions:
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
- Writes code for specific development items and completes unit testing of the development items against their specifications
- Designs and writes detailed specifications for applications
- Provide Break/Fix support for applications of all internally developed solutions including standalone applications and enhancements to third party solutions and interfaces
- Provide estimates and report progress against estimates, and raise issues or risks impeding progress
- Ensure reporting of progress and escalation of issues, based on guidelines established for workgroup or project within scope
- Ensure presentation of information is professional, timely and accurate
- Ensure that work completed within scope satisfies the business and/or functional requirements provided and fits appropriately within Finning's preferred solutions architecture
- Responsible for compliance with activities and controls required by Finning's Change Management policies and procedures within scope of position
- Ensures that systems and changes implemented within scope do not expose Finning to unknown corporate risk
- Ensures that code within scope is properly managed and baselined between local workstation and development environments
- Represent the company professionally and ethically and maintain effective relationships with internal departments and staff while maintaining confidentially
Education & Experience:
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Experience leading a small team of developers
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Concise clear written and verbal communications that adapt to specific audiences
- Ability to continue to learn and develop
- Excellent problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Be nimble and quickly transition from different technology stacks from project to project
- Strong team player
- Strong working knowledge of development tools, languages, and methodologies applicable to the assigned platform(s)
- Sound knowledge of common development methodologies and ability to apply the knowledge in daily functions
- Strong working knowledge of Finning's development and related industry standards for the assigned platform
- Understands and adheres to Finning policies and procedures, including safety
- Post-Secondary degree or equivalent experience in education, business and/or information systems.
- 7+ Years ASP.Net(C#)/MVC/Angular/Entity Framework
- SQL Server 2008-2014.
- Microsoft Team Services - Visual Studio 2015/17
- GIT Product Experience
- Azure; Single page application experience is an asset
- SOLID/DRY principles (SOLID stands for 5 different design patterns)
- DRY is short for "Don't Repeat Yourself"
- SRP - Single Responsibility Principle.
- OCP - Open/Closed Principle.
- LSP - Liskov Substitution Principle.
- ISP - Interface Segregation Principle.
- DIP - Dependency Inversion Principle
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.