DESCRIPTION Amazon Payments Services build systems that process payments at an unprecedented scale, with accuracy, speed, and mission-critical availability. We process millions of transactions every day worldwide across various payment methods. Over 100 million customers and merchants send hundreds of billions of dollars moving at light-speed through our systems annually. We are starting a new team to innovate and provide a seamless payment experience to our customers across all platforms like mobile, web, voice etc.
As a software development manager, you will:
• Lead a team delivering the next generation of Amazon's secure payments services, built fully in the AWS Cloud.
• Work closely with software developers and security engineers to architect and build cutting-edge security features and multi-tier distributed services.
• Develop monthly, quarterly and yearly strategy and roadmaps for the team based on project priorities and project benefit.
• Work with Product and Program Managers to develop and evolve the vision and strategy for the team.
• Use Agile principles to run the development lifecycle for team's applications and services.
• Manage, execute and communicate project plans and delivery commitments.
• Hire, mentor, develop and maintain a best-of-class software development team.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 6+ years experience planning, designing, developing and delivering software.
• 3+ years experience managing software engineers (including hiring, performance evaluations, etc.).
• Experience delivering software services in the Cloud
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, Python, or C#
• Knowledge of OO and Service Oriented Architectures.
• Have an interest in information security and a passion for building secure systems
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • A history of working in demanding, fast paced environments.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers at scale.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Experience delivering software services utilizing AWS.
• Interest in information security and a passion for building secure systems.
Software and Programming