Amazon shoppers rely on efficient and delightful shopping interfaces for their shopping and related tasks like order tracking. Amazon developers who build those interfaces rely on powerful foundations to build these shopping interfaces - this is where you come in. You are an experienced Software Development Manager, and you can help us build the next generation of these foundations. The foundations deliver programming patterns and runtimes that include all common building blocks that make it easy to create and maintain shopping experiences, and let the experience developers focus on delighting the customers for the specific use case.
In this role you will be the leader of a team that is customer obsessed and deeply technical. You will gather requirements from a large number of customers and stakeholders, explore existing and emerging technologies inside and outside Amazon, map out opportunities and gaps between them and build a technical roadmap and deliver on it. You will own making technical decisions considering short and long-term impact of options. You will partner with and influence other senior leaders who own related technical deliverables to build a cohesive tools and services. You will hire, build and grow a team of technical leaders and engineers who deliver on these projects. You will own tracking project delivery, task management, setting and tracking success criteria and communication within the team and with senior leadership. You will guide your team to learn new skills, think big, invent and simplify - all with the goal of delivering long term maintainable services that are loved by other Amazonians.
You will be part of an organization whose work is leveraged by other business at Amazon. An organization with leaders who inspire each other to become better skilled professionals while having fun. If this sounds like the type of projects and team you would like to be a part of, we'd love to talk to you.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual OrientationBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of industry experience: you've written code, delivered systems, and managed teams.
• 2+ years of management experience, including managing senior engineers.
• Proven record of growing individuals, coaching for high performance and performance improvements.
• Technical depth and breadth to understand software architecture and design, make technical tradeoff decisions, often with incomplete data.
• Ability to work across engineering teams and leaders to build a committed roadmap, and deliver on it.
• Ability to discern short term vs long term impact of technical decisions and able to balance between them as appropriate for the business.
• Excellent verbal and written communication that is tuned to the audience.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building a roadmap and delivering high scale internet services.
• Experience managing multi-disciplinary teams working on multiple simultaneous projects.
• Experience working across teams in geographically diverse locations.
• Sense of humor and ability to work while having fun.
Software and Programming