The Amazon Devices Software and Services team is looking for an experienced software development manager to lead an engineering team that is building innovative software platforms for the consumer electronics industry. As a Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in the design, development, test, and deployment of our software and services. The successful candidate will have an established background in developing complex systems, a strong technical background, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
As the leader of this team you will be responsible for the overall development life cycle and people management. Those duties include:
• Mentoring and developing your team of engineers.
• Developing the long-term strategy for your programs and translating that into an achievable road map/action plan Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
• Managing the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
• Working closely with software engineers, technical program managers, business stakeholders, and other managers to architect and develop the best technical designs and approachesBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years people management experience or relevant leadership experience
• Understanding of all aspects of software engineering, including coding, architecture, algorithms, and data structures
• Experience with managing the day-to-day activities of an engineering team using Agile/Scrum processesPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to consumers
• Experience developing and shipping software or SDK's for consumption by 3rd party developers
• Experience developing, or managing the development of systems level software
• Experience delivering media software or device software
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests and recommend alternative technical and business approaches
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Software and Programming