We are seeking a Software Development Manager to lead a small, highly customer centric, and early stage team for AWS Commerce Platform - WebOps tools. We have a set of tools used by customer service teams around the world. You will be instrumental in building a team, based on those tooling needs, to develop our first prototype and launch product. The ideal candidate is scrappy, innovative and enjoys taking on hard, ambiguous problems. They are creative, driven and highly productive. They are a great team player who will naturally elevate the performance of the people around them and have a track record of leading and delivering complex technical systems.
You will be working with a cross functional team of UX, engineers, and product managers, and customer service teams.
This is an early stage initiative with a fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environment inside Amazon. To be successful you need to be flexible and entrepreneurial, comfortable operating with ambiguity and willing to develop quick proof of concepts. You are a true owner - you are passionate about the potential customer and societal impact and will operate at all levels, diving deep into the details while providing strategic inputs for the product.
• Work with other senior leaders on the team to build the technical strategy & architecture for a new service
• Design & develop teams that build world class software and services
• Mentor & grow engineers across the team, leading by example and insisting on high standards
• Develop tools & processes to enable best-in-class operations for our services
• As a Software Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a new service that will eventually scale across devices and mobile platforms. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be helping to hire and build your team and systems.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree is CS or related field or equivalent experience
• 5+ years building successful production software systems and leading teams
• Project and Product Management Experience
• Significant technical /familiarity online payment processing
• Graduate degree in CS or related field
• Excellence in technical communication with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• A strong track record of and passion for delivering complex, engaging customer user experiences
• Experience managing projects from scoping requirements through V1 launch and V2 iterations
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to rapidly prototype and evaluate customer applications and interaction methodologies.
• Experience building user interfaces
• Experience defining and championing best practices across a software team
• Experience working in an Agile environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Software and Programming