Are you a senior technical leader who wants to own critical, highly scalable systems, and spur innovation? Can you attract and grow the engineering talent needed for those kinds of challenges? Are you skilled at managing complex projects that require interacting with both technical as well as business folks?
The Vancouver Tax Software team, part of eCommerce Services at Amazon, owns the product tax classification platform and provides the core services that generate and store tax audit records and manage the extensive set of rule files that are used for tax calculation and invoicing at Amazon. We're at the intersection of software that can never go down and need to move at agile, internet speed. We're at the hub of Amazon's massive, worldwide service-oriented architecture. We are looking for a Software Development Manager who is excited about leading a talented team to innovate, tackle complex problems and operate a complex and mission critical system under extreme loads.
We're looking for a technical leader who can own a set of core services, own driving Operational Excellence for those services. This team will own a set of tax services in one of the following areas: 1) the core product tax classification service, 2) the very high end tax audit transactions service on the back end and 3) the generic rules engine, our rule file management system and our workflow-based asset management system.
The successful candidate is expected to be a technical manager who can deliver software and who understands and sets a high bar for all parts of the software development and deployment life cycle including: design, development, documentation, testing and operations. You must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. We're looking for people who are smart and can get things done.
Basic Qualifications * BS degree or higher in CS
* Have a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
* Be a strong leader, mentor, recruiter, people manager
* Has 8+ years of experience, with at least 4 years managing development teams
* Work effectively across functional teams
* Proven experience working with senior leadership and experience influencing and delivering on product roadmaps
* Experience in managing projects and delivering quality releases on schedule
* Experience in building and leading development of complex software systems
* Good judge of top software engineering talent, and ability to grow their careers
* Ability to work well with clients and juggle competing demands, good communication skills
Preferred Qualifications * Experience with off-shore development
* Experience with large scale distributed systems
Posted: October 22, 2018
Closes: December 21, 2018