As a key leadership role, reporting to the VP of Technology, the Software Development Manager
is accountable for managing & coordinating resources & processes to deliver software releases of Interfacing Technology products, while participating in defining strategy for the product development team by driving initiatives that deliver on the interfacing vision.The Team
In our dynamic, fast-paced technology team, each and every member plays a vital role in the planning, development, testing and launch of our projects. Social team appreciation events are scheduled frequently as a way to take a breather from action-packed days!
The software Development Manager at Cymax will be expected to quickly understand organizational and product goals and map them to managed project deliverables. The incumbent will be able to divide tasks across a team and manage team execution. They are fully responsible for the day to day operations of the team and held to a high standard on the quality of product produced and the quality of ongoing support and maintenance provided to our customers. The Software Development Manager must build effective teams and organizational structure, as well as hire and develop the best talent to execute on their vision.What You’ll Do:
Responsible for executing on projects, ensure that teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively by establishing realistic estimates for times lines while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines.
Who You Are:
- Working closely with various teams to understand the system’s functional & non-functional requirements
- Collaborating with the PMO in defining Product Vision
- Demonstrating leadership abilities to our clients with the deployment of software upgrades, enhancements and fixes that are coordinated based on release schedules.
- Provide a software development plan that meets the future needs of our clients and markets, based on the state of the art technologies
- Evolve the existing software system applications and architecture in various areas as needed
- Coordinate release and sprint planning
- Conduct daily scrum meetings
- Help developers resolve both technical problems as well as human resource issues
- Monitor individual employee’s performance
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate ad lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development
Why work here!
- 8-10 years’ experience of software development
- 3+years’ experience of managing a team
- Extensive experience within a Microsoft tech stack environment; experience with .NET, VB.NET, SQL, Microsoft Azure & Atlassian are all advantageous
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving skills
- Proven track record of delivery, as an individual & team lead/development manager in a fast-paced environment, under tight project deadlines
- Master’s Degree/Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- You will impress us with your passion & dedication
- You have a sense of humor and enjoy our IT Friday Fun days!
Based in Burnaby, BC, Cymax Group is North America’s largest e-commerce furniture retailer with over 230,000 furniture SKUs - making us a leader in online sales for all items home and office. We pride ourselves on our unique culture, consisting of impressive team members from all walks of life working together to contribute to the amazing growth we’ve seen. With regular company socials and tons of opportunities to learn, we strive to be the most engaging office in Canada.
We’re looking to hire talented people (like you!) to join our passionate team that will support you as you continue to advance your career.
Posted: February 14, 2017
Closes:April 7, 2017