Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and wondered how it got to you so fast? Did you ever think about where did this package come from and how much would it have costed to do that delivery? If so, the Amazon Supply Chain Optimization organization is for you.
Watch this video to learn more about our organization, SCOT: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
Amazon's transportation systems get millions of packages to customers worldwide faster and cheaper while providing extraordinary customer experience - from checkout to shipment tracking to delivery. Our software systems include services that handle thousands or requests per second, make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, integrate with a network of small and large carriers worldwide, maintain business rules for millions of unique products, and improve experience for online shoppers. With rapid expansion into new geographies, innovations in supply chain, delivery models and customer experience, increasingly complex transportation network, ever expanding selection of products and growing number of shipments worldwide, we have an opportunity to build software that scales the business, leads the industry through innovation and delights millions of customers worldwide.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of motivated engineers in design, development, test and launch of new features and products. You will own services which model Amazon's transportation network and carrier capabilities/constraints, optimizes it for cost and exposes it to other systems in Amazon. These services improve customer experience by providing better promises and drive fulfillment planning and execution to lower transportation cost. These are highly available, low latency services that scale horizontally. It is critical part of Amazon's ordering and fulfillment pipeline.
A proven history of building and sustaining highly available services is critical. Responsibilities include direct management of software engineers, collaboration with business leaders, planning, project management for software within the team. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. As a technical leader, you should be able to translate business needs into technology solutions that scale both technically and operationally.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related STEM discipline, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience building and managing high performance software teams
• 5+ years of Object Oriented software development experience in C++/Java and building successful production software systems
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related STEM discipline, or equivalent experience
• Experience in building and operating highly available services
• Experience in developing and deploying for global customer segments
• Deep knowledge of cloud storage and compute stack in AWS or equivalent
• Knowledge of Java application performance optimization techniques.
Software and Programming