Are you excited about the incredible opportunity that cloud computing represents? Are you passionate about delivering high quality services and ready to apply your experience at massive scale?
Amazon Web Services' Cloud Storage, AWS S3, is one of the largest storage systems in the world. We host trillions of objects and serve millions of requests per second and we're growing more than 100% year over year.
Ever tried to find a needle in a haystack? With trillions of objects to manage, keeping track of what is in your S3 bucket is hard. S3 Index Services team develops software responsible for durability and availability of key-value metadata. Developers in the S3 Index Services team work on some of the hardest computer science problems. We build systems that can handle wildly varying access patterns and unprecedented load by our customers. Managing this growth auto-magically, without the need for customers to provision capacity, is what puts the SIMPLE in S3.
S3 Index Services team is looking for a passionate and innovative technical leader with strong delivery track record. You will be leading a team of highly skilled software engineers to deliver the next generation of S3 indexing system. You will have the opportunity to utilize your experience managing a team of software developers to deliver cutting-edge services on schedule with the highest industry quality and a high degree of innovation. You must be detail oriented and hands-on with a desire to stay close to the technology. At the same time you must have a strong business acumen and judgment and be deeply customer-centric. You will be leading a team using agile practices and must be able to mentor and motivate the team to deliver superior results.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of experience managing an Agile team of 5+ software engineers
• 5+ years of professional experience in software development
• Experience building scalable systems with service oriented architectures
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language, e.g. , C#, or C++
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or an equivalent in relevant work experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• A deep understanding of software engineering practices, object oriented analysis & , patterns and algorithms
• Experience with telemetry, optimization, and/or machine learning
• Demonstrated strong technical judgment in conjunction with passionate customer-focus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience delivering cloud services will be a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Software and Programming