Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly available, durable, secure infrastructure platform in the cloud, powering hundreds of thousands of businesses around the world. The AWS Messaging team owns and operates Amazon SNS (Simple Notification Service), Amazon SQS (Simple Queue Service), and Amazon MQ. Our services provide AWS customers with the cloud messaging infrastructure needed for building highly scalable, asynchronous, and fault-tolerant applications.
In 2020, the AWS Messaging org is designing and building a new AWS service, from the group up. And we're looking for a seasoned Software (SDM) to lead this initiative. If you are passionate about the challenges of big scale, building cutting-edge technologies, and making developing applications easy and reliable, then the AWS Messaging org is for you.
We're looking for a Software (SDM) with an owner mindset, bias for action, and also the ability to dive deep and deliver results. You will lead a team of world-class engineers, be an operational champion, and delivery features to customers around the globe. You will drive our process, and be a key influencer in our product roadmap.
At Amazon, we hire hands-on managers at all levels. This leader must be able to dive deep into the details of business, operations and engineering. We need technical, detail-oriented leaders who can build and grow organizations. You'll need to excel at hiring and developing both level and application level engineers. You need to be able to grow leaders in your organization and lead a charter that grows as your organization grows. Our services operate at large scale and on critical workloads, so a passion and discipline around operational excellence is key. You'll also need to be willing to share big ideas and execute to deliver the next big innovations at rapid pace.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field.
• 8+ years of experience in all aspects of software engineering, including coding, architecture, infrastructure, and networking.
• 4+ years of experience in people management.
• Strong technical thinking and demonstrated ability to lead software and coding in at least one modern programming language such as , , C++, Ruby, or .
• Experience building complex software that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Experience taking complex projects from initial concept through final launch.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Demonstrated ownership of software engineering roadmap and experience with managing the day-to-day activities of a team using agile processes, such as Kanban or Scrum.
• Exceptional customer relationship skills, including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, and recommend alternative technical and business approaches.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Practiced ability to apply networking principles and innovate with new Webs Service platform technologies.
• Knowledge of security protocols and network security best practices.
• Experience driving continuous quality improvement initiative.
Software and Programming