AWS CloudFormation provides an easy declarative way to create, deploy and manage applications and infrastructure in the AWS cloud.
AWS CloudFormation teams are pioneers in the "Infrastructure as Code" space. We develop distributed systems that spin up infrastructure across AWS at unprecedented scale. We're looking to the future and are expanding our team to Vancouver.
We are looking for an innovative engineering manager to own, build, and grow a CloudFormation offering. In this role, you will grow and lead a team that will design, develop, test, and operate large scale distributed systems that runs on several thousands of nodes and can be resilient in different situations like infrastructure failures, network partitions, etc. As a member of the CloudFormation leadership team you will help set and meet goals and you will shape our long term technical and business strategy.
The ideal candidate will be excited about the incredible opportunity cloud computing represents, will be passionate about distributed systems, and thrive on building and driving great teams to deliver high quality software. This is a fast paced environment that requires strong technical and business judgment and great communication skills.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor in an emerging space that is shaping the future of the industry. We are looking for candidates who will bring deep technical and leadership skills, combined with a passion for agile code development and running teams with a startup culture within a larger organization.
Some travel is required.
Video on CloudFormation: https://aws.amazon.com/cloudformation/
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 5+ years of experience managing engineering teams
• Proficiency in professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operationsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming in Java, C or C++ in Linux
• Experience building an operating a large scale distributed system
• Understanding of open source architecture, software and tools
• Experience working with the open source community
Software and Programming