Over 200 million paid members in 17 countries around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime, including the best of shopping and entertainment from Amazon. In the U.S. that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video; unlimited access to Prime Music, Prime Reading, Amazon Photos, Twitch Prime; early access to select Lightning Deals, one free pre-released book a month with Amazon First Reads, and more. Prime members can also get deep discounts on select popular products at Whole Foods Market plus an additional 10 percent off hundreds of sale items. Prime was built on the foundation of unlimited fast, free shipping and members receive Prime FREE One-Day Shipping and Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery in more than 8,000 cities and towns, two-hour delivery with Prime Now in more than 30 major cities and unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 100 million items".
If you want to work on one of Amazon.com's most impactful program and are passionate building software that impacts millions of people every day, then the Amazon Prime Team wants to hear from you.
The Prime team seeks a motivated manager who takes great pride in both the technical and business contribution of their work. You will be given the chance to have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers. As a software development manager in the prime team, you will work closely with business and technology partners to build, scale and operate services to support Prime members worldwide.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or 5+ years of experience; or Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of technical education and Software Development experience.
- 3+ years of experience leading a software development team through multiple product/platform releases.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of software development experience as a manager
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Familiarity with cloud computing, AWS Technologies
- A deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Experience with the SCRUM methodology for agile software development preferred
- Experience designing software architectures for scalability, reliability and performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- A passion for people management and mentorship
- Track record of developing engineers through various career stages and building high-performance teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming