Are you interested in building innovative new payment experiences and capabilities at massive scale, with iron clad security and delightful simplicity for millions of customers every day? Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, is the global leader in e-commerce, securely processing billions of transactions each year
Amazon Payments mission is to build the most trusted, intuitive and accessible payments experience on earth. We are looking for passionate engineers and leaders to build the next evolution of our payment technology stack and experiences. As an SDM in the Payments Experience Technology team in Seattle you will work closely with technology and business teams, designing and developing software solutions with an emphasis on enabling rapid integration and payment feature expansion to support the next generation of businesses. The technology we build and operate varies widely, ranging from large scale Distributed Engineering incorporating the latest from Machine Learning in the Big Data space to customer and mobile friendly User Experiences. We are an Agile team, moving quickly in collaboration with our business to bring new features to Amazon Business customers while having fun and bring new inventions along the way. If you can think big and want to join a fast moving team breaking new ground at Amazon we would like to speak with you.
Key job responsibilities
- Build and manage a team of Software Engineers.
- Foster career growth and a strong team culture.
- Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach technical staff.
- Interface with our product team to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
- Manage Agile development process and methodology to deliver incremental value to customers.
- Help develop long-term business technology strategies for Amazon Payments Experience Group
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
To grow and enjoy your career you need scope, complexity and a culture of inclusion and investment in learning. We are purposeful about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We're looking for a new teammates who are enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we've been building.
We recognize the importance of a good work-life harmony. While most of our engineers work normal business hours, we support flexibility in working hours and WFH arrangements.
Amazon Payment Experience (APX) delivers widget-based payments CX for use in client storefronts across Amazon allowing businesses to focus on their own domain, by enabling Paying CX in their customer-facing workflows with minimal technical and operational cost.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 4+ year relevant work experience
- 2+ years professional experience in software development
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Proven track record building high-performing software development teams
- Passionate about delivering the right things for your customers at very high quality
- Experience in Payments domain
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming