We are looking for an innovative, self-directed Software Development Manager (SDM) to lead the effort in driving the routing and workflow services experience across AWS Issue Management.
As a Manager, you will drive key engineering and business decisions that impact team's long-term vision. You will be responsible for hiring and leading a team of engineers responsible for building high performing applications that interact with large scale distributed systems. In this position you will partner with product managers, cross-functional teams to execute both strategic and tactical roadmaps. A successful candidate will have an established background with strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills and motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
Key job responsibilities
The leader we are looking for will bring proven experience building, managing and mentoring engineering teams. In this role, you will:
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach for our routing and workflow services
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- Manage departmental resources, staffing and mentoring and enhance and maintain a best-in-class engineering team.
- Maintain and improve existing software
- Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
- Report on status of development, quality, operations and system performance to management
About the team
Amazon Issue Management builds the in-house software services, and applications that Amazon uses to manage tickets, tasks and projects. Our applications are among the top critical business apps used by more than 200,000 unique internal users every day across Amazon and AWS to collaborate on, monitor and manage all software events, agile deliveries, projects, programs, and business processes across the entire company. We are deeply passionate about delivering best in class tooling for Amazon builders, so they spend more time innovating for their customers.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience managing a team of software engineers including performance and career management of team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey technical information to a wide variety of audiences
- Strong and creative problem solving abilities
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Demonstrated ability to take a project or significant feature from concept to launch
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming