Software Development Engineer - Vancouver & Toronto
Reference ID: 427457
Software and Programming
Do you want take ownership on projects utilizing cutting edge technology, solve new problems that didn't exist before, and have the ability to see the impact of your work?
Amazon is growing, and we need Software Development Engineers (SDEs) who are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems, and have a strong will to get things done! SDEs at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale. They own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology which impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world.
As an SDE at Amazon, you can expect to design flexible, scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming. Coming to Amazon gives you the opportunity to work on a small development team in one of our many organizations; Amazon Web Services, e-Commerce Services, Kindle, Marketplace, Operations, Platform Technologies, and Retail.
We have many exciting and fast growing opportunities at our Amazon offices in Canada! Locations include: Vancouver, BC, Toronto, ON, and Ottawa, ON!
Basic Qualifications • Pursuing or have received Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline
• Programming experience in at least one of the following languages: Java, C++, C
Preferred Qualifications • Strong object-oriented design and coding skills (Java and/or C++/C) with experience in UNIX/Linux or Windows environments
• Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Experience in optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Work well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Previous technical internship(s) preferred
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Posted: February 16, 2017
Closes:March 26, 2017