Would you like to experience what it would have felt like to join Amazon in 1995? Do you want to join a team with experience launching complex and challenging projects? The Amazon India and Emerging markets team launched IN business from the ground up and is making our products work for our customers in this new region. We think big and develop platform solutions which are extended to other marketplaces and new businesses.
The Amazon India & emerging markets Purchase experience team located in Seattle owns key functional areas like IN Cart, Checkout & Identity. We have launched critical features with direct impact on OPS as well as key Page 0 metrics like Authentication Success rate & Checkout success rates.
Come join our team of developers, experts in building and supporting large scale Java services used by the millions of customers to create and login to their Amazon accounts.
As a Developer on the team you will be instrumental in designing and building low latency solutions that work gracefully on a wide spectrum of network bandwidths and provide the best mobile shopping experience for our customers. The solution you will build will accelerate global innovation and impact all aspects of the buyer's experience on Amazon.
• Design, implementation, and deployment of applications that impact business.
• Knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
• Work with the business team and project managers to convert functional requirements into detailed technical specifications.
• Participate in and provide design inputs towards the Platform initiative for streamlining international expansions.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
• 2+ years of Software Development experience.
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java/C# on a UNIX/Linux/Windows platform).
• Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development.
• Solid experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
• Software development experience in JSP, Spring, AWS, S3, SQS, building web services and highly scalable applications or equivalent.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• Experience in e-commerce and Deep hands-on technical expertise.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time.
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches
• Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities.
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Software and Programming