Amazon Web Services is looking for passionate, experienced software developers to join us in building new features in an exciting hot service.
You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing. You'll be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class service is critical to customer success. You will design and build the operational scalability that sustains the platform's insane growth. You will measure your success and it will be visible.
The ideal candidate will be clearly passionate about the large opportunity that AWS presents and about web services in general. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality solutions in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. If you're looking to solve challenging technical problems and create great products for customers, then we would like to talk to you.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fieldPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and asynchronous architectures
• Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Masters degree in Computer Science or related field
• Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• Understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST.
• Understanding of Federated Authentication, SAML, OAuth, OpenId, Multi Factor Authentication
• Should be genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies. Must be a self-starter and motivated.
• Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
• Excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
Software and Programming