Ever wondered how Amazon offers the earth's biggest selection and still manages to offer lower prices every day to our customers? The Contra CoGS team creates the systems to drive costs lower. Given the rapid growth of our business we apply cutting edge technology to complex business problems. We are seeking a Data Engineer who want to stretch both their technical abilities and their business awareness while solving such problems. These projects have huge visibility and impact as those are tied very closely to Amazon's profitability and growth.
Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you want to apply machine learning to solve real world problems? Do you want to pave the future of Amazon Retail, enhancing how we do business?
To meet these challenges, Amazon's Contra CoGS team is looking for passionate, talented, and super-smart data engineers. We are looking for people who innovate, love solving hard problems, and never take 'no' for an answer. Our engineers are top-notch developers in the industry, who work hard, have fun, and make history.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineer, Mathematics, or a related field plus at least three year of experience in the job offered or related occupations of Software Engineer, Software Developer, or a related occupation. Employer will accept a Bachelor's degree and seven years of experience in the job offered or a related occupation as equivalent. Experience in the job offered or related occupation must involve designing and developing large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using Java, Object Oriented Design and Distributed Programming].
• 5+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized queries across large data sets.
• 5+ years of experience in scripting languages like Python etc.
• Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing. Data Warehousing
• Experience with Redshift, Oracle, NoSQL etc.
• Experience with AWS services including S3, Redshift, EMR, Kinesis and RDS.
• Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.)
• Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects independently.
• Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Solid understanding of Object-Oriented design and concepts
Experience developing software in a Unix/Linux environment
Excellent communication and analytical skills
Software and Programming