Are you interested in building high scale databases in the cloud? Do you want to revolutionize the way people manage and query huge amounts of data?
In Database Services, our mission is to provide customers with best in class data services in the cloud to store, query and analyze the enormous datasets that their businesses generate. We build distributed storage, index and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage and use. These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, but still at an early stage and working on ambitious new initiatives where an engineer at any level can have significant technical and business impact.
We're looking for developers with expertise and passion in solving difficult problems in distributed systems, high performance storage systems, and database internals - experience with parallel query processing, distributed caching, or transaction processing are all big pluses. This is a unique place where you can design and build innovative technologies in a very large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
• Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
• Code and test system components; participate in code and design reviews
• Work with other teams to deliver and operate services
• Be responsible for overall system scalability, reliability, and performance
• Mentor other engineers, define the technical culture, and help grow the teamBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years experience writing large scale systems in Java
• Linux / UNIX system administration and shell scripting
• Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems
• Experience with database systems internals, query optimization, and storage systems
• Experience with large-scale data analytics and data warehousing
• Write very high quality code that is robust and easy to maintain
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, OS and distributed systems
• Understanding of system performance and scaling
• Ability to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
• Possess excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities, and proven design skills
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **
Software and Programming