Come be part of a team that will directly shape and influence the future growth of Amazon. The Recruiting Experience (RXT) team is responsible for delivering an industry leading candidate experience; developing, building, and innovating, global, scalable technology recruiting solutions that are intelligent, powerful, and light-weight. This team and technologies are a critical component in Amazon's continued growth and launching of new products and services.
As a member of the team in RXT responsible for search and discovery of information, you will contribute to the development of back-end systems in charge of real-time data streaming, distributed data processing, and aggregation from a variety of data sources for applications such as middle-end and front-end recruiting systems, search, data analytics and reporting systems, and machine learning applications. You will contribute to all aspects of the software development lifecycle including design, development, documentation, testing, and operations.
You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment. You will deliver solid design and implementations that make it easy for Amazonians to excel at recruiting the top talent in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Amazon. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Ability to mentor other software engineers.
• Solid knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and databases).
• Excellent communication and analytical skills.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Architectural experience creating highly-scalable distributed applications.
• Experiences in developing back-end systems that incorporate distributed data processing, real-time data streaming, or data aggregation
• Experiences in utilizing data processing back-end stacks of AWS such as RDS, DynamoDB, Lambda, Kinesis, or ElasticSearch
• A solid understanding of best practices and techniques regarding scalability, performance, and security
Software and Programming