Route 53 Domains is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to join our 6 person team in Vancouver.
Our teams owns the services, console and APIs used by customers to purchase and manage their domain names. Our services are used globally by companies large and small as well as developers like yourself.
On any given day, we use , SWF, DynamoDB, and Lambda, as well as other public services and a host of Amazon-internal tools. We don't expect you to be an expert in all of these technologies, but we do expect you to be excited to learn about them!
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every month. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. We are a mix of new and experienced engineers, creating the perfect environment for you to both and be mentored. We all enjoy helping each other grow and continue to raise the bar for coding and operational standards in our team. You will have the opportunity to learn from others while bringing your own novel capabilities and perspectives. We're looking for a new teammate who will help us continue building our positive team environment.
We are always looking to learn and grow. You will have opportunity to grow your skills through various online and in person trainings/courses as well as at conferences with some of the to people in their respective fields.
Most of our team is co-located in the Vancouver office with a few team members in Seattle. We value work-life balance and generally keep core in-office hours from 10am to 4pm. Some of us come in earlier while others stay later. We are also flexible when people occasionally need to work from home.
On regular basis we also like to get out and have fun. On more recent occasions we have done Go Karting, Dragon Boating, a Summer BBQ and even archery tag.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systemsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MS or in Computer Science or related field
• Working knowledge of Internet protocols such as HTTP, and UDP.
• Distributed systems, networking, and web-services and implementation experience.
• Experience working in -based environments
Software and Programming