Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers tens of thousands of businesses around the world! The orchestration team owns and operates AWS Step Functions, which provides AWS customers with the cloud infrastructure that makes it easy to coordinate the components of distributed applications and microservices using visual workflows. Building applications from individual components that each perform a discrete function lets you scale and change applications quickly. It's a core architectural component of the critical systems for Amazon as well as many customers running on AWS.
The Step Functions service team is growing fast, and is innovating in big and brand new feature areas. We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to help refine roadmap and technical direction, and follow through with detailed architecture, design, and superior code, and to drive operational excellence of a large scale distributed system. How do you know if you are a good fit for us?You are fascinated by and want to innovate in distributed fault-tolerant systems that operate at scale. You love customers. When our customers ask for the next big feature, you know this means you'll be able to truly dig into the solution and get it done right.
We are visiting Budapest in the month of October 2019 to hire talent. Please send us your application to get started.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- BS in Computer Science and 6+ years of experience
- Proven track record of leading delivery of large scale, distributed, high quality systems
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in: large scale Unix systems engineering, building and operating complex distributed systems
- Experience in an object oriented language such as Java, C#, or C++
- Understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST
- Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristicsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- MS or PhD in computer science or related technical field
- 10+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience
- Experience with workflow products: SWF, Step Functions, Luigi, Airflow, or even BPMN, BPEL
- Experience in Software As a Service
- Technical expertise in at least one major technical area of distributed systems, such as scale-out or fault-tolerance
- Experience leading development life cycle process and best practices
- Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues.
Software and Programming