Imagine a database where you don't have to worry about the configuration or capacity of your database. Where you don't have to worry about what kind of load that your product or service will put on it and you only pay for what you use. Want to learn more? Then read on.
Amazon Aurora Serverless an on-demand, auto-scaling configuration for Amazon Aurora (MySQL-compatible edition), where the database will automatically start up, shut down, and scale capacity up or down based on your application's needs, with no down time. It enables you to run your database in the cloud without managing any database instances. With Amazon Aurora Serverless we aim to do nothing less than revolutionize the database business. Aurora Serverless builds on top of foundational AWS services such as EC2, S3 and DynamoDB and we are breaking new ground in the way that customers experience databases.
We are looking for a highly skilled, experienced, and motivated engineer to help reinvent the customer experience with databases. You will work on a team that architects, designs, and delivers web service APIs around 'intelligent' distributed database systems with availability, reliability and performance guarantees to AWS customers. You will participate in product direction and road-map planning, project execution scheduling, and hiring engineers to develop cutting-edge database services. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast-growing service and help shape the technology, product and the business direction. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and leadership expertise, and ability to work within a fast-paced startup culture in a large company to deliver solid code that has a broad business impact.
To learn more about Amazon Aurora Serverless visit: https://aws.amazon.com/rds/aurora/serverless/BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent - Masters or PhD preferred
• Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and/or distributed systemsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience operating large scale systems
• Knowledge of OS and Database engine internals
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Software and Programming