Software Development Engineer
Reference ID: 413059
Software and Programming
Are you ready to build and expand a sizeable business within the Amazon family? Do you enjoy working on products with direct customer impact? Are you looking for a team of high performers to help expand your skills and experience?
We are the Amazon Gift Cards team. With one billion-plus dollars of revenue worldwide, we are a significant part of Amazon's business and customer experience. We build out new features and experiences ranging from physical gift cards to the latest in website and user interface technologies. We are looking to expand our Vancouver team to develop key applications and systems. We operate in a fast-paced environment using agile methodology and lightweight SOA design patterns. We encourage innovation and expect developers to take a high level of ownership throughout the software life cycle.
Our Vancouver team will be building out new features and capabilities including promotion based gifting, web services and customer-facing products. The team has significant autonomy and ownership while remaining a close part of our worldwide Amazon Gift Cards group.
This is a chance to work on large-scale distributed systems and create websites and services with direct impact on millions of customers.
Come help us redefine the gifting experience!
Basic Qualifications • Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or Electrical Engineering
• 5+ years professional experience in software development
• Experience building complex mobile applications and web interface on Android , iOS or Windows Phone platforms that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals - object oriented design, data structures, algorithm - design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in at least one modern object oriented language such as C++, Java or C#
• Experience delivering low-latency, consumer-internet-scale web services operating in a 24x7 environment
• Experience with Agile (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO modeling, web services, UNIX, middleware and databases
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted: October 16, 2016
Closes:October 30, 2016