The Social Ads team owns Amazon's automated advertising on Social Media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Our engineering team builds self-optimizing ad personalization engines that leverage integrated Machine Learning, massive data processing and adaptive algorithms to deliver ad performance. We use Social Graph signals and closed loop optimization to power our advertising engine. As a part of our team, you will have a chance to have a ground-up impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers, through the leadership of a team of engineers focused on scaling Social advertising.
Our program goals driving sales of Amazon products and offers, driving customer acquisition to strategic programs such as Prime Instant Video and Amazon Mom and mobile app downloads. This is relatively new domain and rapidly growing team at Amazon. We're building a top-notch team of engineers, research scientists and engineering leaders. The problems we face are complex and interesting including the information engineering and data mining of Big Data sets from Social Media and Amazon. We build large scale, distributed systems using multiple AWS services and designed from the ground up to make extensive use of Machine Learning and Social Graph data.
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer to join our team in our Seattle headquarters and help build the Social Advertising Platform that will power large scale advertising programs on multiple Social Media ad networks. The team will build a wide range of large scale, multi-tiered and distributed systems. Successful candidates must be innovative, flexible, have strong leadership skills and be able to work collaboratively with cross-functional business and software development teams to solve critical business problems. The ideal candidate will have experience working with large datasets, distributed computing technologies and service-oriented architecture.
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to all parts of the software development and deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. They must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. They need to really enjoy working closely with their peers in a group of very talented engineers.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysisPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years professional experience in software development
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with machine learning
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Software and Programming