Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for talented software engineers who have a passion for Big Data and distributed systems at trillions of transactions scale to help build the next generation of AWS internal services. Our applications are responsible for processing 270 million events per second and 20 terabytes of data per hour. As a foundational system we scale with the growth of cloud computing at Amazon. The AWSBilling team is responsible for Metering Usage and Generating Monthly Charges. These include but are not limited to enabling: AWS product pricing, AWS product subscriptions, AWS product discount programs, customer credit management, storing AWS product usage, computing the bill, the estimated bill, computing tax, and storing bills and line items for external customer consumption.
As a Software Developer, you have the opportunity to lead the paradigm shift in streaming Big Data by building applications on top of cutting-edge AWS technologies such as Kinesis, EMR, DynamoDB, Redshift, Aurora, and many more. Additionally, you can build meaningful software that can radically change how AWS wins our largest customers over to the Cloud. And finally, as an Amazon engineer, you get to own the full lifecycle of your systems, work on challenging problems at "Amazon Scale", and collaborate with some of the best in the business.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytic and problem solving skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 1+ years of experience coding in RUST.
• 1+ years of experience working with Machine learning.
• 3+ years of software development experience
• Experience building excellent high volume and highly scalable web services
• Experience building highly available systems and operating 24x7 services
• Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing
• Working knowledge of Hadoop, MapReduce, or other Big Data processing platforms
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming