Do you want to be part of building the next-gen engineering system, global transportation network, intelligent ML algorithms and deliver packages to your doorstep? Are you up for this challenge?
Amazon's Middle Mile Transportation Technology team is chartered with solving complex problems with software that work across our vendors, warehouses and carriers to optimize both time & cost of getting the packages delivered. Our services already handle thousands of requests per second, make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, integrate with a network of small and large carriers, owner operators and drivers worldwide, manage business rules for millions of unique products, and improve ordering and delivery experience for millions of online shoppers.
Our mission is to build the most efficient and optimal transportation solution on the planet, using our technology and engineering muscle as our biggest advantage. We aim to leverage cutting edge technologies in big data, machine learning, and optimization techniques, and operate high volume, low latency, and high availability services. Oh, and we will need great leaders too (this is where you come in ... read on)
You'll develop an intelligent system to automatically resolve disruptions occurring in the real world. You will regularly interact with our customers, and engineering and business leadership. You will participate in the planning and execution of technology projects and operational excellence initiatives. You'll help junior engineers develop their skills, and continue to raise the bar and build the future of Amazon.
To accomplish this, you will be expected to have an established background in building highly scalable systems and applications, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex software systems, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software as well as making that software achieve its operational goals. Experience with building and operating web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at massive scale, will be very applicable and helpful.
Come and see for yourself why we are one of the most admired company in the US, rated #1 in Innovation and # 1 in Customer Service, and be part of our tradition of working hard, having fun and making history!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in computer science or a related field
• Experience developing in a Linux environment
• Experience applying service-oriented architecture techniques to production use cases
• Experience in web development technologies such as React, Angular
• Experience in developing secure, multi-platform mobile applications
• Experience refactoring code and evolving architectures
• Experience crafting unit, integration, functional and regression tests
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming