Want to work in a start-up environment with the resources of Amazon behind you? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on millions of customers every day? If you are a self-starter, enjoy designing large scale distributed and orchestration systems, and are intrigued by ambiguous problems, look no further.
The Multichannel Ads team is building the next generation of products and services that will fuel the future growth of Amazon's ad solutions. Based in beautiful Vancouver, our infrastructure team is developing innovations to support Amazon and 3rd party advertising across all types of mediums at massive scale. This is a chance to be in on a huge opportunity as we put an Amazon twist into online advertising. We are looking for a SDE who is excited about building an industry leading, next generation advertising solution. In this role, you will be responsible for the architecture, design, implementation and launch of advertising solutions that span advertising systems. This is a highly visible program across multiple organizations where you will have the opportunity to have a huge impact.
We're looking for motivated software engineers with a proven track record of building web applications and services. The right candidate will possess strong technical skills, experience working on medium to large distributed services, and will want to have a lasting impact in the Advertising space. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and be eager to roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
Our team works across Amazon to combine Desktop, Mobile, Kindle, Video, Retail and Social Media into our products. We're building a full-service, full-stack platform for end-users and other developers. With our team you'll get the opportunity to own major deliverables building out our framework. You enjoy innovation, simplifying complex problems and tackling tough challenges. Sound like a good fit?BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, Object Oriented design and/or functional programming.
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science or a related disciplinePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 4+ yrs professional industry experience coding in Java, Scala, C++ or C# as well as SQL experience
• Master's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
• Experience testing web services.
• Deep understanding of OOP concepts, algorithms and data structures.
• Able to write clean, maintainable automation with maximum longevity.
Software and Programming