Job Title: Software Development Engineer - Treyarch
Requisition ID: R017753
As a Software Development Engineer, you'll be responsible for creating new tools and reports to improve automation testing of games and applications across Activision and Treyarch. The role involves writing specifications, designing, building, testing, implementing applications as well as maintaining those applications after release using the languages and tools available. You'll also be working with other programmers on the team to develop new applications with overall efficiency, reuse, and automation as the guiding principles.What you'll do...
To succeed you should have...
- Work on projects including database driven web applications, website enhancements, desktop applications, and efficiency automation projects
- Work within a team environment to address the programming needs of management and other teams within Activision and Treyarch
- Document and comment code thoroughly for ease of understanding for your peer programmers
- Participate in the planning process, programming and creation process with management and the client to release bug free tools and applications
- Build tools using whichever programming languages are necessary to complete the project, learning any languages that you don't know to complete the project
- Review, analyze, and modify programming-related systems including documenting, designing, developing, testing, monitoring, and maintaining programs as specified by leadership
- Participate in review and company meetings concerning projects and programs
- Communicate effectively with clients in a courteous and respectful manner
We'd love it if you also have...
- 3+ years of programming experience
- Strong experience with Python and Django
- Knowledge of database query languages such as T-SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB
- The ability to use front-end and back-end languages to create a feature rich and polished application
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems
- Experience with JIRA and Agile management
- Experience with Git, GitHub or Gitlab
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Strong interpersonal skills
- University-level degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with mobile development
- Experience programming in C/C++ or C#
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.Covid-19 Hiring Update:
We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.ABOUT TREYARCH
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is a videogame studio whose purpose is to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. With this purpose in mind, we crafted the award winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series and pioneered the fan favorite Zombies mode.
At Treyarch, we empower the team to be individually driven to innovate on our games, processes, and culture. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Studio culture and development, we believe it's a team effort and that collaboration and hearing one another is key. Every day we face the large and small challenges together and every voice matters.
These values guide us in our mission to create moments that matter. Both to the players and to us, the creators. In an era where triumphs and defeats are readily shared, seeing players engage with our creations gives us great pride. Come help us create that next moment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch , and @treyarch on Twitter.
PS, we've also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/
Software and Programming Engineering