Interested in building distributed systems handling high throughput with tight SLAs and hundreds of clients? Designing complex algorithms in a world of uncertain input signals? How about building features that directly impact both the customer experience on the website as well as Amazon's bottom line? Welcome to the world of Fulfillment Availability, a core part of the Supply Chain Optimization Technologies organization! We are the sole owners for tracking supply and demand for all items fulfilled by Amazon. We deliver an accurate real-time computed availability picture for any item within milliseconds, while maintaining each customer's place in line, accounting for late supply, shipping restrictions and high impact events.
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented engineers to design and implement robust, highly available, low latency systems from concept to delivery using the latest industry technologies that impact every aspect of one of the most complex supply chains in the world. With easy access to principal and senior engineers, and with the problem space more than large enough to accommodate new areas of ownership, this opportunity is perfect for someone focused on the growth of their SDE skillset through solving challenging technical problems.
Click apply. Meet the team. Collaborate with expert engineers. Solve tough problems. Make a difference.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
• 4+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures & algorithms, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutionsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- A passion for producing high quality code.
- Solid background in algorithms and data structures.
- Able to learn quickly and dive deeply to diagnose the root cause of problems.
- Experience with distributed systems and multi-threaded programming.
- Ability to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
- Deal with ambiguities, be able to convert high level requirements to complex system designs, and implement the designs.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming