Does solving technical challenges in cloud computing motivate you? Come join the AWS Relational Database Service (RDS) team and help us innovate solutions for databases in the AWS cloud!
The RDS team is the largest cloud database business in the world, providing super-simple provisioning and management for databases. Customers can set up a new database with just a few clicks, and complex administrative tasks like scaling, fail-over, and monitoring are automated by our control systems. Providing simplified management for customers comes with the challenge of building sophisticated and reliable control systems. The systems we build manage huge numbers of databases and vast amounts of storage world-wide, and our service is growing rapidly, requiring constant innovation in our system to handle the next order of magnitude in service scale.
RDS provides customers with databases that have multiple-nines of durability and availability. Achieving this level of reliability require control and monitoring systems that automatically detect and handle failures within seconds, and data replication options that accommodate global distribution and disaster recovery objectives. The challenge is further heightened by needing to handle huge numbers of databases and a wide variety of customer workloads. Also, we know how to have a good time as a team, we celebrate our successes, have team building events and celebrate birthdays and other life events.
As a part of a close-knit team of engineers that are agile, data driven, and highly collaborative, you will work with a wide variety of cutting edge technology to automate enterprise level databases with high reliability at massive scale. You will have the opportunity to propose ideas that positively impact our customers, owning major deliverables end-to-end, while working closely with experienced engineers and teams to execute on them. We value innovation and technical exploration through iterative development which includes project scoping & development practices that emphasize software excellence.
For more information on RDS Custom, please visit: http://aws.amazon.com/rds/customBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Hands-on knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle; including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, Graph Databases)
- Delivered software in an environment that utilizes Agile methodologies like SCRUM or Kanban.
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud product suite
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming