Are you looking to work on the team that owns one of the largest customer Wallets in the world? Want to drive high scalability services that handle billions of requests per day and serve all Amazon customers? You are excited about working on services that constantly evolve to meet demands for new business initiatives, scaling and availability.
Join a team with a great agenda and exciting projects to apply and learn a broad range of skills. We are working on setting up entirely new services, moving existing ones to new levels, supporting new business cases and improving by applying Machine Learning. We work on projects that improve customer payment experience for all Amazon.
With us you will shape the future of our services and grow your career.
Have a unique experience working on products that serve millions of customer right from day one. We are constantly evolving using latest technology to meet the bar of scalability and reliability.
If you have missed it, Wallet team achievement was showcased by AWS for Amazon Service Scales Using Amazon DynamoDB: https://aws.amazon.com/solutions/case-studies/AmazonWalletService.
At Amazon you will design flexible and scalable solutions, work on the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming.
What we provide
• Work with Java, DynamoDB, Redshift, Machine Learning and the whole range of AWS Services
• Opportunity to design flexible and scalable solutions
• Regular innovation days to explore new ideas and technologies
• Mentorship from highly experienced senior engineers and weekly 1:1s to drive your career
• A self-driven agile team setup
• A friendly environment with weekly social events
• Define, design, and implement multi-tier distributed software applications.
• Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and roll-out system changes that meet requirements for functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and adherence to development goals and principles.
• Independently design code and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes.
• Collaborate effectively in a fast paced environment with multiple teams in a large organization (software development, QA, Project/Release Management, Build and Release, etc).
• Provide on-call production support for payment platform applications. (Note that we have a team to provides night time support)BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BS in computer science or equivalent work experience
• 2+ years of software development experience
• Possess deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as object oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Demonstrated the ability to take a project from scoping requirements through to actual launch of project
• Demonstrated the ability to develop business-critical software using modern programming language such as C, C++, C# or Java.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MS or PhD in computer science or equivalent preferred
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Software and Programming